Monday, September 1, 2014

Trying To Have A Baby


Mark and I have been married for a little over 4 years. We've been actively TTC (Trying To Conceive) for the past year and a half.

It has been a pretty frustrating journey. I hate either taking the pregnancy test and receiving the BFN (Big Fat Negative) or getting my period, just when I thought it wouldn't visit me. It hurts a lot. It hurts when you get those 2 lines and then realize a month later that it was not  meant to happen. 

Honestly, I have prayed to all the saints, have said all my novenas, gone to church and prayed about it too. We have had ourselves checked, yes, we're ok. I have also lost weight, because they say when you're big, you won't get preggers, but it didn't happen. I have relaxed and we have tried even on vacation. I think I have done everything I could possibly do to try to get pregnant, but to no avail. 

In the Philippines (I don't know about the rest of the world), this is what happens:

When you're single, people ask you when you're going to have a boyfriend.
When you get a boyfriend, they ask when you're going to get married. (Even if you two have only been dating for a month!)
When you get married, they ask you when you're going to have a kid.
When you have a kid, they ask you when you're going to give him/her a brother/sister.


I don't know about you, It gets frustrating when people always ask or tell me:

Why are you not pregnant yet? -- Well, I don't know. Sometimes I feel like answering them, wanna join us in the bedroom and tell us what we're doing wrong? haha.

Have you had yourselves checked? -- Of course we have, we're TTC.

Relax, it will come. - I want to relax and have it come, but everyone is constantly asking!!! How can I relax?

Don't get pressured. -- same as the previous comment. How can I not get pressured when everyone around me is asking me about getting pregnant?! You just asked me about it! Duh! How is that not pressure??

Are you pregnant yet? -- Well, if I was I would announce it to the world, trust me. I would throw a freaking party!


You should try dancing in Obando (or go to this healer, that healer, this priest, don't wear heels, don't have massages) and all the other superstitions or beliefs -- I HAVE DONE IT ALL! It's not my time yet. I know if it was meant to be, it will come. All in God's perfect time.

But with all the negativity, comes the positivity. We will continue trying. That's the fun part! ;)

Will keep you posted on my path to finally becoming a mommy! Wish us luck!

What are your funny stories about TTC? 


Besos,

Tina

p.s.

here are some funny photos/memes I saw on the internet about TTC:





3 comments:

  1. hi tina, i loved your your article. I have been feeling the same way because my husband and I dont have kids also.
    Anyway I want to tell you also that I have met you in your house when you were around 7 y.o. Your mom and my dad were used to be office mates in Monterey.
    I am so glad to see you here again with your blogs. :)

    christine zamora-rubio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well same scenario here. We've been married for 4 years, and still don't have a child. Pero on my part, hindi naman din kasi kami nageeffort na magTTC. I am scared to take care of a baby. I have the feeling na baka hindi pa namin kayang buhayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at some of fertility boost supplements and saw the title of this post! I had to read it. Although I have not had a miscarriage, my husband and I had fertility issues for about 2 years. Those years shaped me and grew us so much. We were not able to conceive and had the blessing through Dr Michael Casper and i have male child called Miles on December 6, who are now 3. am very happy to be a mother and my partner a father,we are a big family now all because of Dr Michael Casper pregnancy fertility medicine .if you are passing through pregnancy issue kindly contact my Doctor on email michaelcasper@dr.com

    ReplyDelete