Wednesday, August 13, 2014

BINGO for a Cause

I am a part of Zonta Club of Muntinlupa and Environs (ZCME), which is a chapter of Zonta International. We are a group of professionals and executives working together to advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy.





My mom has been a member for as long as I can remember. She was a past president of ZCME and I remember, during her term, I used to help make a newsletter every month for the club. I also remember her working hours on end for their projects, Gabay Bata, SAGIP and The Golden Z Club. So when I was asked to be a member, how could I say no? I am very passionate about helping women in the Philippines and this was the perfect avenue for me to help.


My Mom, Menchu Genato Henson

Zonta Club of Muntinlupa & Environs Says NO to Violence Against Women & Children
Saklolo At Gabay ng Ina at Pamilya, or SAGIP, is a  Muntinlupa non-government organisation that serves as a 24/7 crisis response center for abused women and children. Our aim is to help women and children find a shelter and care in Muntinupa from abuse. 



ZCME, through SAGIP, spearheaded the Gabay Bata program, in Muntinlupa city, where Personal Safety Lessons (PSL) to prevent abuse are taught in ALL public schools in Muntinlupa. The PSL teaches children how to prevent and protect themselves against abuse. The Gabay Bata program is being implemented in partnership with DepEd Muntinlupa and the Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Sexual Abuse (CPTCSA). As of today, Muntinlupa is the only city where PSL is taught in ALL public schools.
SAGIP Board 
For 7 years, SAGIP has been holding a BINGO for a cause in Alabang Country Club to help raise funds. This year, the BINGO will be on Friday, August 15, 2014 at 6 PM. Tickets are sold at Php 500 each for 10 games. A great way to raise funds, raise awareness and bond with family and friends for a cause. There will also be raffles and early bird prizes!


My mom and a winner of a BINGO game and my dad, Quinito Henson in the background
If you still haven’t bought your tickets, head on over to Alabang Country Club tomorrow, tickets will be sold there as well. See you there!


If you wish to donate to SAGIP or learn more about the work we do, visit http://sagip.org

Here's a short video on SAGIP too:



Besos,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment